Why I Chose (and remain with) Avon versus other Direct Sales Companies








We have talked about it in previous posts...there are virtually unlimited work from home and direct selling opportunities out there today.  Over the years, I've had the opportunity to learn about many of these opportunities from friends who have chosen other companies, and to form my own opinions about why I choose to remain with Avon, rather than looking into other options.  In this post, I will discuss why I chose Avon initially, and why I remain with the company today.



1.  The Avon brand is well known. When I was looking for a work-from-home opportunity, I thought of companies that I was familiar with, and that I thought my family and friends would be familiar with (and thus, more likely to be willing to support my business through purchasing products).  I had experience selling Avon as a fundraiser for many years as a cheerleader when I was a teenager. It was easy to sell, and I loved the products. I have found this to be true over the years---Avon is a brand that people know and trust.

2.  Avon offers low start up costs.  When I was looking for a work from home opportunity, it was because our family needed extra income.  I had recently left my job as a full time RN to become a full-time Mommy. We didn't have a lot of extra money to invest in a business that I wasn't certain would work out or be a good fit for us.  At the time of writing this post, the cost to open an Avon business begins at just $25.  This small fee provides you with all of the tools that you need to get started: brochures to show customers, access to a free website for customers to shop with you, self guided online training, access to a personal Mentor, full size demo products, product samples, and other training tools.

3. Avon has trustworthy tools and programs to help my business be successful.  When I joined Avon, I was unaware of the vast amount of training and tools available to Avon representatives.  The programs and tools available are continuing to grow, especially as Avon focuses more on training representatives in online marketing.  Avon offers free self-paced online training; face to face training seminars around the US; an annual conference for Representatives with nationally known speakers, product seminars, and more; a state of the art platform focused on connecting with others on social media; online webinars and training videos throughout each week; monthly online sales meetings hosted by Avon corporate.  These tools are only a fraction of what Avon offers to representatives, and do not include any support or training offered by individual team leaders/Mentors.

4.  Avon offers amazing incentives for representatives.   If you follow me on social media, chances are you have seen my recent posts about Avon's Cruise Like a Boss incentive.  For the last 5 days, Avon representatives and their families from around the country were able to sail on the Anthem of the Seas ship to Bermuda, on an all inclusive cruise paid for by Avon---simply for growing their businesses as usual! Avon is continually offering prizes, rewards and bonuses to representatives for simply doing their best to provide products to their customers, and for helping others start their own Avon business. The prizes are amazing, and available to anyone who wants to work for them!

5.  I have FUN working on my business! Let's face it--I'm a nurse by trade...not a salesperson. I don't want to harass my family and friends (or random strangers!) to buy products from me.  Especially if I don't feel like the products are valuable or worthwhile.  I enjoy selling Avon, because these are products that I love and trust...these are products that I am using on myself and my family...these are products that I feel are affordable and of a good value for almost any budget. I have seen firsthand the difference that opening an Avon business can make in someone's life--the effects of the extra income, the flexible schedule, the new relationships that are formed, the self-confidence that results.  This is a business that I enjoy spending time on each day, so I naturally want to share these products and this opportunity with others.



Thanks to my Avon business, I have been able to leave behind the 12+ hour shifts away from my family...the lack of sleep and life disruption that came from working 3rd shift...the stress of scheduling our lives around my employer's needs.  Instead, I have found freedom, flexibility, and happiness.  I spend my days at home, playing with my toddler, and homeschooling my older child. I am able to provide my husband with a (somewhat, haha!) clean house and a meal on the table when he arrives home from his job.  I am able to work from wherever I am...meaning I never have to say "No" to a family vacation or random road trip due to work obligations.  I have met many new people, and made great friends along the way! Avon is MY company--and it can be YOURS, too! These perks that I have found are free for the taking...for anyone who wants them! I would love to have you join me on this journey...and begin writing your own Avon story!

Comments

Popular Posts